Thursday, February 19, 2009

Left out and Love day '09

So, these beautiful roses were feeling a bit left out on the blog since they were here first and I posted about the slick deal 99 cent flowers. THESE (amazing, beautiful, perfect dozen) roses were sitting on my doorstep last Friday. I knew they were from my husband immediately (I hoped so, I didn't want any other Valentines on the National Day of Love and Catholic feast day) and I was right. Attached was the sweetest note that made my heart soar! The only thing I found even the teensiest bit sad about it was that Chris couldn't see the profound look of delight and joy on my face when I saw them! It's been almost a week and they are STILL so beautiful. You'd think it was truly springtime in here, anything I can do to trick myself, I love spring! I'm so ready for it.

So, Chris gave me roses and an amazing purse and I was SO excited to give him his gift! It was something we'd been talking about for a long time now, and I knew he was budgeting for and planning to get, but I really wanted to be the one to initiate it. Well, here it is! At least, it's in the box... It's a left handed guitar and I'm so excited to hear Chris play it! He's had a very basic Yamaha for some time now and the electronics have started to become rather unreliable at concerts and what not, so it was really getting to be an eminent purchase. I wanted so badly to buy him a guitar as a wedding gift, but I just wasn't sure which one to get and with him being a lefty I wasn't sure what the return policies would be. So, I was excited when he found one he loved, heard and it sounded amazing and that it also came in a left handed version and could be ordered at the nearby Guitar Center. So, Friday night (the day before Valentine's Day) after a great dinner I told him where to go and where to turn and we ended up at Guitar Center. He was so excited, and so was I. I think this will be a great motivator and inspiration for us to start writing some more songs, but that's a story for another day.

No comments: